The Link Essential must be installed before adding an IntelliTAG. IntelliTAGs can be installed only by using the Somfy Protect app.
Placed on any type of opening, IntelliTAGs communicate wirelessly with the Link Essential. They have range of 200 meters. They have an unobstructed effective range of 200 meters. This range can vary depending on the environment: number of walls to cross through, thickness of the walls, materials, etc.
If the Link Essential is positioned in a rather central location in the residence, there should be no communication problem.
In general, ensure that you place the IntelliTAG as far away as possible from objects or installations that could be sources of magnetic disturbance (metal frames, electricity meter, etc.).
Installation on a door (main entrance door or inside door) or window
In the particular case of a hinged swing out door or window, we recommend that you place the IntelliTAG horizontally, on the upper portion, and about two thirds of the way along the width, starting from the hinge side.
If your opening is made up of several components, each one opening independently of the others, you can protect each of these components by placing several IntelliTAGs on them.
Installation on a sliding door or window
In the particular case of a sliding door or window, we recommend that you place the IntelliTAG vertically in the upper corner of the vertical frame member of the sliding door, on the side where the handle is.
If your opening consists of several components, each opening independently of the others, you can protect each of these components by placing several IntelliTAGs on them.
Installation on a garage door
In the particular case of a sliding garage door, we recommend that you place the IntelliTAG vertically. For other cases (lift-up door, swing-out doors), it is preferable to position it horizontally.
N.B.: IntelliTAGs are not suitable for the protection of roller doors.
How to install using the app
1. either you are in the process of carrying out the initial installation of the system: the IntelliTAG has to be installed after the siren. Let the application guide you through the installation
2. or you are adding a new IntelliTAG to an existing system
- the Link Essential must be connected and accessible
- the alarm must be deactivated
- open the “Settings” menu in your “ Somfy Protect ” application
- select “My components"
- add a new component by using the “+” icon in the upper righthand corner
- select “IntelliTAG”, then allow the application to guide you through the installation
N.B.: if you made a mistake in choosing the opening type, or if you want to reinstall an IntelliTAG on another opening, you first have to delete it from the system, then reinstall it.