In the Somfy Protect mobile application, the "System status" setting lets you check whether your Somfy Home Alarm system is operating properly according to the following criteria:
- Battery level of components (Link Essential and its devices)
- Quality of Radio signal between the Link Essential and its devices
- Quality of GSM signal (if subscription added)
- Quality of Wi-Fi signal between:
- the Somfy Security Camera and the customer's residential gateway
- the Link Essential and the customer's residential gateway
- Component status:
- connected to the Link Essential
- plugged in/unplugged
This feature allows you to resolve problems with your Somfy Home Alarm system's components by way of guidance and advice, without having to contact technical support.
From the app's dashboard, you are told which components need your attention.
1. Press on this banner, or go to the Settings menu, then My components
2. Select "system status"
3. A faulty component is indicated with an exclamation point. Press on it for guidance in resolving a problem
4. When everything is operating properly, you can still launch a diagnostic at any time from the "System status" screen by pressing the icon in the upper right corner of the screen.