You are stuck and the Somfy Indoor Camera installation is incomplete because you are getting the message, "That Wi-Fi network has not been located."
1. Positioning the camera
Make sure the indoor camera is positioned appropriately to connect to the Wi-Fi through the Internet Box (or Wi-Fi router). A Wi-Fi repeater could be necessary.
2. Wi-Fi connection
a ) Make sure your phone is properly connected to the Wi-Fi from your box. Check to see whether you can load a website. If not, please restart your Internet Box.
b ) The indoor camera does not support the following elements when connecting to Wi-Fi:
- WPA-TKIP security setting (this setting is not supported by the Wi-Fi Alliance)
- WPA-CCMP security setting (activated by default on some Freeboxes)
- 5 GHz Wi-Fi networks
- WEP keys less than 128 bits
- WPS activation
Note: WPA2-PSK (AES) is the recommended security setting
Below, you'll find direct access to information from your ISP about changing the settings on your Internet Box:
c ) Make sure the Wi-Fi channel used by the Internet Box is not overloaded
If there are many Wi-Fi networks around your home, the channel used by your Internet Box may be overloaded.
It may be necessary to change the Wi-Fi channel in the settings of your Internet Box (or Wi-Fi router). We recommend that you first change your Wi-Fi channel to automatic, if it is not currently set that way.
If that doesn't fix the problem, we recommend checking the Wi-Fi environment. You can use a free channel analysis app or software:
These applications provide a graphic depiction of how busy different Wi-Fi channels are. If your Wi-Fi network is on a channel occupied by several other networks, you'll need to move it to a less busy channel. You can do that in the settings of your internet box (or Wi-Fi router).
In the example above, the busiest channels are 1, 6, and 11. Therefore, it would be beneficial to move the Wi-Fi channel on the box or router to channel 3, 4, 8, or 9, which are the least busy.
d ) Certain circumstances can also impede proper installation of the camera:
- business networks
- closed ports on the Internet Box (or Wi-Fi router)
e ) Be mindful of certain particularities concerning the WiFi network name and password
- the characters “+” and “&” in the WiFi password during the initial installation (after installation and the first update, these characters are accepted)
- the name of the WiFi (SSID) network and the password together must not exceed 45 characters in length
- spaces in the name of the WiFi (or SSID) network and in the WiFi password
Lastly, when you are asked to enter your WiFi network password, be careful to avoid errors: be sure to use the correct case for each letter since it may contain upper-case and lower-case characters.