You are stuck and the Link Advanced installation is incomplete because you are getting the message, "That Wi-Fi network has not been located."
- Positioning the Link
Make sure the Link is positioned appropriately to connect to the Wi-Fi through the Internet Box (or Wi-Fi router). Consult our Link Advanced positioning tips if necessary.
- Wi-Fi connection
- Make sure your phone is properly connected to the Wi-Fi from your box. Check to see whether you can load a website. If not, please restart your Internet Box.
- The Link does not support the following elements when connecting to Wi-Fi:
- WPA-TKIP security setting (this setting is not supported by the Wi-Fi Alliance)
- WPA-CCMP security setting (activated by default on some Freeboxes)
- 5 GHz Wi-Fi networks
- WEP keys less than 128 bits
- WPS activation
Note: WPA2-PSK (AES) is the recommended security setting
Below, you'll find direct access to information from your ISP about changing the settings on your Internet Box:
- Make sure the Wi-Fi channel used by the Internet Box is not overloaded
If there are many Wi-Fi networks around your home, the channel used by your Internet Box may be overloaded.
It may be necessary to change the Wi-Fi channel in the settings of your Internet Box (or Wi-Fi router). We recommend that you first change your Wi-Fi channel to automatic, if it is not currently set that way.
If that doesn't fix the problem, we recommend checking the Wi-Fi environment. You can use a free channel analysis app or software:
These applications provide a graphic depiction of how busy different Wi-Fi channels are. If your Wi-Fi network is on a channel occupied by several other networks, you'll need to move it to a less busy channel. You can do that in the settings of your internet box (or Wi-Fi router).
In the example above, the busiest channels are 1, 6, and 11. Therefore, it would be beneficial to move the Wi-Fi channel on the box or router to channel 3, 4, 8, or 9, which are the least busy.
- Certain circumstances can also impede proper installation of the Link:
- business networks
- closed ports on the Internet Box (or Wi-Fi router)
If the installation is still failing despite these recommendations, we suggest you contact us