Before you can use your Somfy Protect equipment with Apple HomeKit, please check the following prerequisites have been met:
- HomeKit is only compatible with Apple products (iPhone, iPad, iPod, Home Pod, Apple TV, Apple Watch). Your Apple products must be up to date. Android and Windows devices are not supported.
- A valid iCloud account: users must activate iCloud Keychain.
- Your equipment must be compatible with HomeKit. Your equipment must be HomeKit compatible. To check this, go to the "Information" section of your camera settings to make sure that the version of your camera is equivalent to, or higher than, version 2.0.0.
- You must have the QR code to connect the equipment to HomeKit. This can be found in the Somfy Protect app.
- You must also have an iOS version equal to or higher than version 11.3.
Note: If you want to remotely access your devices in the Home app, you’ll also need an Apple TV or a HomePod.