The video storage function lets you automatically save a 30-second video to your storage space with of the following online services: Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive.
You will need:
- compatible video equipment:
- Somfy Indoor Camera
- Somfy Outdoor Camera
- Somfy One
- Somfy One+
- Somfy Security Camera
- the latest software version for your camera(s):
- Somfy Indoor Camera: 2.4.3
- Somfy Outdoor Camera: 1.8.4
- Somfy One: 1.9.27
- Somfy One+: 1.9.27
- Somfy Security Camera : 2.3.13
You can check your device's version by going to Menu > My Device> Video Device and Version at the bottom of the screen. If you don't have the required software version installed for your device, visit the forum for assistance.
- a Google (Google Drive), Microsoft (OneDrive) or Dropbox account.
- enough video storage space on the configured online service.
How do I configure my video storage space?
- Go to Menu > Settings > Video Storage and configure your account by entering your username and password.
- Run a test to make sure your account is connected (if privacy mode is activated, you'll be asked to deactivate it. Remember to activate it again afterwards).
- Only one account can be configured. You'll need to disconnect the configured account in order to configure another.
How do I save a video to my video storage space?
Directory Structure: Folders and Files
- A folder called Somfy Project will be created in your online space. A sub-folder with the name of your setup will be created, containing a folder for each of your cameras.
For example, if your setup is called "Home", and you have one interior camera named "Living Room" and one exterior camera named "Patio", you'll see the following structure: Somfy Protect > Home > Living Room and Patio.
Alarms and Videos:
- When your alarm or camera detection is activated and an incident occurs, a video is generated and saved to your media library in the Somfy Protect app. That same video is saved to your online video storage space under the date and time of the event. It may take a few minutes for the video to be saved to your online space.
- If you have several cameras, each camera will generate a video and store it in its folder in your online storage space.
- You can open the app for your online storage space from your Somfy Protect app's media library, or from Settings in your video storage.