Myfox is joining the Somfy Group : Myfox is now Somfy Protect, a Somfy Group brand !
1. I am an existing Myfox customer (thanks :) ) and my application was automatically updated: what does that change for me and what do I have to do?
- My account remains unchanged: same password
- My components continue to work
- My settings and parameters are not impacted
- The only thing that has changed is the appearance of the application: the app’s icon and the colors of the menus and illustrations are now under the Somfy banner.
- A new component is available from the list of components to install: the Somfy One. It is compatible with the complete Myfox Security range.
- From now on, the push notifications, text messages and e-mails that I receive will be Somfy alerts. Nothing else has changed!
2. I’m a new Myfox customer; what should I do?
- I bought a Myfox product
- I downloaded the Myfox Security application and a message is displayed when I opened the app, inviting me to download the Somfy Protect application.
- I download the Somfy Protect application from the App Store or Google Play. This application replaces the Myfox Security application. All your Myfox components bought recently, as well as future Somfy Protect products, can be installed and configured from this application.
- If I don’t have an account, I create my account from the Somfy Protect application.
- If I have a Myfox account, I enter my Myfox login information to log on. No need to create a new account.
- I install my components using the Somfy Protect application.
- If I previously downloaded the Myfox Security Application, I can uninstall it.
Note: the Myfox Security application will continue to exist but will no longer be updated and you will not benefit from new products or services. That is why we urge you to uninstall it and use the Somfy Protect application.
3. I bought Myfox components. Are they compatible with Somfy Protect ?
Yes. You can add them from the application: Menu > Settings > My components > Add a component.
4. I bought Somfy Protect components. Are they compatible with my old Myfox components?
Yes. They are compatible with your old components and expand your system.
You can add them from the application: Menu > Settings > My components > Add a component.
5. I have some Somfy components. Are they compatible with Somfy Protect ?
No. For the time being, no integration is available. However, integration via the TaHoma box is being planned.
6. I bought a Somfy One. Can I install it using the Somfy Protect application?
Yes. You can add it from the application: Menu > Settings > My components > Add a component.
7. I downloaded the Somfy Protect application. I downloaded the Myfox Security application and I am connected with both applications:
You can uninstall the Myfox Security application. If you keep both applications, you will receive duplicate notifications in the case of an event, one bearing the Myfox Security brand and the other bearing Somfy Protect brand.
The Myfox Security application will continue to exist but will not be updated and will no longer receive the most recent new products and services.
8. Are my products covered by the Somfy Protect guarantee?
Yes, from the date of purchase of your product. It is not renewed.